If you’ve ever been to a real, land-based casino, you’ll have seen how busy the craps tables can be. It is a game that generates a lot of excitement. It isn’t as difficult to play as it looks, either. Craps online is just as exciting as in real life. You’ll soon understand why it’s one of casinos’ most popular games. In this guide you can learn to play craps online, as well as learning where to play it.
How to play craps online
The first thing that hits a potential craps player before they start to play craps online is the table layout. It seems quite complicated at first. Don’t worry, because it’s not as difficult as it looks. The table appears to be a little busier than it is because all the bets are displayed twice so that they can be seen from both sides of the table.
When you first start to play craps online, there is just one choice of bet. On the first roll, which is known as the come out roll, you must choose from two different options. There is a pass or a don’t pass bet. A pass bet is a bet that a 7 or 11 will be rolled. A don’t pass bet is that a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 is rolled. In the event of a 2, 3, or 12 being the result of the come out roll, all bets are losers. This is known as crapping out.
Now the game changes a little bit. Once a pass or don’t pass bet has landed, there is a point bet. The total of the two dice on the come out roll becomes the point. Now players will bet on whether the point will be rolled for the purpose of pass and don’t pass bets. The point must be rolled before a 7, which ends the round. A 7 is a loser for those who bet on the pass and a winner for those who bet on don’t pass.
Before the 7 is rolled, and regardless of whether or not the point is made, there are several other bets which can now be placed at an online craps table. These include:
- Field bets. A bet on the two dice total of either 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Place bets. A bet that a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 will be rolled.
- 6:8. A bet that a total of 6 or 8 will be rolled.
- Betting that a total of 4, 6, 8, or 10 will be achieved by rolling a double. If 4, 6, 8, or 10 are rolled in a different way before the double is rolled (e.g. 6 and 4 instead of a double 5), then the bet loses.
- Any seven. A bet that a 7 will be rolled (any combination is allowed).
- Any craps. A bet that a 2, 3, or 12 will be rolled.
Tips to play craps online
The rules of craps online may seem a bit difficult to understand at first, but once you become familiar with them it will become easier. There are a couple of tips for playing which make the game better for any who wants to play craps online.
- Avoid the big 6 and 8 bet. The chances of a 6 or 8 being rolled are favourable, but these bets pay at odds of 1/1. If you believe that a 6 or 8 will be rolled, go for a place bet instead. The odds here are a slightly better 7/6. The big 6 and 8 bet is one which casinos have used to give themselves a better advantage.
- Use the Three Point Molly system. When using this system, you should make a bet after the come out roll on the pass line. This should be backed up with single or double odds. You keep doing so until a 7 is rolled. Backing up your bets in this way maximises return and minimises losses. It is in no way a guarantee to win every single time though.
Where to play craps online
Craps online is without a doubt very exciting, but there aren’t so many casinos which offer it. Those which offer craps online generally only have a video game version of it available. There are however some online casinos which offer craps online in their live casino games section.
To find which casinos offer craps online, you should read some independent reviews. These will tell you which games are available at which casino, as well as which casinos are reliable and trustworthy. You should check that it is legal to use a particular online casino in the UK before signing up. You should also check on their homepage that they have a valid licence for gambling. Also, that there is information about the site being properly regulated.
Once you have found a casino that can be trusted, you should read their terms and conditions before you sign up. This is especially important if the casino offers a bonus to new craps online players. You should always be aware of the play through requirements of any welcome bonus before you accept it.
A bit more about live casino games
Live casino games give players the chance to play casino games against a real-life dealer. A purpose-built casino studio houses proper casino tables. Cameras are placed at each table and the pictures from them are streamed directly to your PC. You can see the action from several angles so that you don’t miss anything. With live casino games you play in exactly the same way as with most online casino games. You click on screen buttons to bet and to roll the dice. In this case the dealer will roll them when prompted. You can also talk to the dealer or other players if you have a microphone connected to your computer.